We’ve put together this list of additional government resources to help businesses, employees and the self-employed affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).
Business support helpline
Contact the government’s business support helpline for free advice
Phone: 0800 998 1098
Webchat: talk to an adviser using the webchat
Phoneline and webchat open Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
Helpline opening times over Christmas and New Year
The helpline will be open as usual from Monday to Friday, except:
- Friday 25 December (Christmas Day) – closed
- Monday 28 December (Bank Holiday) – 10am to 4pm
- Friday 1 (New Year’s Day) and Saturday 2 January 2021 – 10am to 4pm
Find more details and helplines in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
HMRC have online help set up to help businesses and self-employed people concerned about not being able to pay their tax due to coronavirus.
The best way to get help from HMRC on any topic is to contact them online.
Alternatively, you can call them on 0800 0159 559
Government departments are hosting a series of webinars to help businesses understand the guidance and support available:
- to find out how to make your workplace COVID-secure, register here or watch recorded sessions
- for topics that cover supporting and retaining staff and the self-employed, register to attend future webinars or watch recorded sessions
- for international trade, register here or watch recorded sessions
- for small businesses and changes to reporting, regulation and tax, watch recorded webinars
Find your Growth Hub for free advice and information on:
- local and national business support
- sources of finance
- help to build business resilience.
The Skills Toolkit
Free online courses at all levels to build your digital and numeracy skills:
Find a Job service
If your business needs more workers as a result of COVID-19, such as those in food logistics, preparation and retail, post vacancies on Find a Job.